Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"JOSH X SHOUTS OUT MISS.CASSANDRA IN YouKnowIGotSoul.com "


A lot of you may or may not know that for years, I've sung backup for, as well as, wrote and recorded music with Josh Xantus (MUSA/Capitol Records recording artist). Him and I are great friends and I was excited to find out that I was mentioned in his latest interview.

CHECKOUT WHAT HE HAD TO SAY ABOUT ME:

YKIGS: Tell me about the mixtape you released late last year “Josh X-Mas.” It was kinda ballad heavy, is that going to be similar to the sound of the album? Are you going to do a lot of ballads?

JX: Yea I wrote the ballads on the album, definitely wrote the ballads on that, I co-wrote with some people like my home girl Cassandra, we went to school together and she’s a  dope writer, she actually sings backup for me. I wrote like 90% of that mixtape. Basically that’s a side of my artistry that you will see on the album because I think that’s dear to
me and I think that’s what distinguishes me from other r&b artists. I could do club   records, radio records, but there’s a side where I can give you songs when you just want to mellow out with your girl or you want to listen to a real r&b song.
So when you listen to “Can I Live,” you’ll find a mixture of those songs and songs like “I Don’t Care” and “Let’s Ride.” It’s a dope album, I’m happy with it and I feel it shows a lot of different music. Nothing on that album is going to sound the same.


To checkout the entire interview go to:
                           WWW.YOUKNOWIGOTSOUL.COM                
            To Checkout more on Josh Xantus & his music go to: 

No comments:

Post a Comment